Leon C.L. Yin serves as the principal at Synertree Capital Management Services Inc. He is an equity partner and a CFO consultant for multiple companies in Vancouver.
Leon Yin started working in a stock data public company in 2005. He extended his knowledge and experiences to build a real estate startup in 2008 and the company was managing a $80-million portfolio when he left in 2009. Before Synertree, he was a equity consultant at a boutique research firm, a registered investment advisor, and an associated portfolio manager at a major bank in Canada. He was a member of the portfolio management committee for Scotia Capital’s private wealth management division, where he constructed data-driven strategies and delivered strong performances. He was the top market forecaster in 2015 at the HollisWealth Portfolio Manager Conference in Miami.
- Bachelor in Commerce with a specialization in accounting
- the Diploma of Urban Land Economics from the University of British Columbia
- CFA charterholder, member both of CFA Institute and CFA society of Vancouver
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM) certified by GARP (Global Association of Risk Professionals) and a member of GARP of Calgary and Toronto Chapters
- Data Science & Big Data Analytics certificate from MIT Professional.
Leon started coding in 2005. Including Python, Leon is fluent in five languages (English, Cantonese, Mandarin and Japanese).