Leon C. Yin serves as the principal at Synertree Capital Management Services Inc. He is also an equity partner and CFO consultant for companies in different industries.
Leon Yin started working in a stock data public company in 2005. He extended his knowledge and experiences to build a real estate startup in 2008 and the company was managing a $80-million portfolio when he left in 2009. Before Synertree, he was a equity consultant at a boutique research firm, a registered investment advisor, and an associated portfolio manager at a major bank in Canada. He was a member of the portfolio management committee for Scotia Capital’s private wealth management division, where he constructed data-driven strategies and delivered strong performances. He was the top market forecaster in 2015 at the HollisWealth Portfolio Manager Conference in Miami.
- Bachelor in Commerce with a specialization in accounting
- the Diploma of Urban Land Economics from the University of British Columbia
- CFA charterholder, member both of CFA Institute and CFA society of Vancouver
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM) certified by GARP (Global Association of Risk Professionals) and a member of GARP of Calgary and Toronto Chapters
- Data Science & Big Data Analytics certificate from MIT Professional.
Leon started coding in 2005. Including Python, Leon is fluent in five languages (English, Cantonese, Mandarin and Japanese).